Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

Strands

Here's the piece I did for the 365-ers group's Strands of Emotion. I almost did a different one but this was my original thought so I decided to go with it. The strand is called security. It came to me after a friend had her house broken into. I may actually explore this further. The different levels of emotion she felt (and I felt in empathy for her and then for my own home and security) had so many levels to it. Living in a large city/ the inner city, there are all the things a person does to safe guard their house, from alarms, to motion lights, to locks and timers,... These things can never really protect it if someone truely wants to get in. So the piece I created tries to show those different layers. From feeling secure within, to creating an environment that feels secure, to when something happens to break that feeling (whether at my home or someone elses) to the feeling of needing to do more to get that feeling back. Not sure if that was what was conveyed but only had couple of hours to do it. Happy Monday everyone! (I don't have a computer at home so that's why I'm posting it today! Peace and Fabulousness!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Very cool! I love how the paper really looks great as the glass! ^^ Beautiful colors :)

    ReplyDelete